Friday, April 18, 2008

A walk in the neighborhood


Yesterday Lisa and I took all the kids for a walk in our neighborhood. Gabe did great; better than the girls in fact. He didn' t desat once or even go below 100%, and the kicker is that he wasn't on any oxygen! I guess all that fresh air was doing him good. He did so awesome. He was smiling, content, and stable. It was the girls who were falling down, tripping, and throwing tantrums. Just for part of the way :) They were so wonderful about having their brother along for the trip. It was no different for them than if he was just their 18 month old brother in a stroller. The path in our neighborhood was lined with cherry blossoms (who needs DC?) so we took the opportunity to snap some pictures.




Look, Gabe's yawning! So cute! When we got home I washed my car with the girls and Lisa and Gabe sat out in the grass and watched. Gabe was extremely awake, eyes open, and just sooo happy.






I love you Gabe!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Nice blog. :)

I like to be Friends. Your welcome to my blog.

Anything I have there, is available for download.

Have a Nice Day ! Terry

atheist-theory.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL....
YOU AND SHAUN MAKE SUCH BEAUTIFUL
CHILDREN. WALKS IN THE NICE WEATHER WILL BE GOOD FOR GABE. HE WILL CONTINUE TO PROSPER.
LOVE YOU ALL,
MOM

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures - they are awesome! I love the one with Gabe yawning - how sweet!! It looks like you guys had an wonderful time. It's so good to see you all together as a family. =0)

Love,
Kelly

Ann said...

Rachel -- Love the pictures of your precious children. It was also nice to see pics of you and Shaun from your weekend away. It bums me that it couldn't be as stress-free as it should have been.

So glad to hear Gabe is feeling better and you were able to get outside with all the kids.

Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the one of gabe yawning !!! he is the cutest!
and the one with you and all 3 kids together!
:) heath

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the one of you and all three kids! You are so blessed :o) My thoughts and prayers are with you.


"Therefore, once more, I will astound these people with wonder upon wonder. The wisdom of the wise will perish; the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."

"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"