Thursday, December 11, 2008

This is what I have to deal with every day.

Warning: this video contains explicitly loud screaming. Consider yourself warned :)

I was trying to catch Faith praying for her food, which she had just done before I ran to get the camera. Her prayers are so precious (as are Brooke's), and I truly need to get them on video before she is all grown up and the moment has passed me by.
Once I grab the camera, Brooke starts praying, and for some reason, chaos ensues...



I love it.

In case you missed some of Faith's dialogue, these are some of her best lines:
"No yellin'."
"Stop, stop. Eat yur rice an' broccoli. Eat rice an' broccoli!"
"Dear Jesus, Thank you for this day. [Muttering] Thank you for ALL day. Please heal Gabe. Gabe-a all better. Jesa name, amen!"
"Stop Brooke. Ah ha ha ha ha. Bippity boppity boo!"

.....................................................................................
Poor Gabe's not having as much fun as his sisters. He was scheduled for a doctor's appointment today, but we didn't make it. He was supposed to see his Neurologist at Johns Hopkins today, but two things deterred us: 1) the weather and 2) Gabe is beginning to feel a bit under the weather. Please pray for Gabe as he's teetering between healthy and sick that he would turn the corner towards healthy. His temperature has been on the high side today, his trach site is very red and irritated (poor guy) and he's doing too much coughing, sneezing, spitting, etc. Thank you. We are rescheduled for January for his appointment so I'll let you know what the news is after the holidays.

Wishing you a warm, dry evening!

5 comments:

Ann said...

You just gotta love little girls! And your two are just precious. I hope Gabe feels better soon and doesn't require a trip to the hospital.

Hugs,
Ann

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel!

Faith sounds like Isaiah when she screams!!! =0) Love it!

We will pray for Gabe's health - sorry you couldn't go to your appointment yesterday - hopefully everything will fall into place for the next one and that you will receive exciting news!

Love & Miss you guys!
Kelly

Dana said...

Hope Gabe feels better and you can avoid the hospital. Glad you thought of getting the video camera. They grow up way to fast. Too Cute. Who's your Neuro.?

Faith said...

Very sweet. :)

I hope Gabe is feeling better!!!

When you get a minute (and judging from that video I know that might be hard to come by) could you write a post about Gabe's story? I didn't even realize he was 2 until I read your other post. I don't mean to be nosey but it would help us know how to pray for your precious family...(right now our prayer is for strength!)
Wising you a wonderful week,
Jen :)

david and heather said...

rach me and david were just CRACKING up at that video!!! the girls are SO funny!!! gotta love their unique personalities :)


"Therefore, once more, I will astound these people with wonder upon wonder. The wisdom of the wise will perish; the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."

"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"