This is the picture Brooke brought home that she had started drawing in school the other day. It blesses my heart to know that Gabe was on her mind, even at school :)
She came home with Gabe, his crib, 'his machine' and 'his medicines' drawn. When I saw the picture I immediately knew what it was and was very surprised that she'd thought to draw about Gabe.
I asked her what she had drawn, and she excitedly said, "That's Gabe's room!" She pointed out the crib with the railing up... Gabe in the crib... the machine next to Gabe's crib that I first thought was his IV pole with the feeding pump attached, but then she explained it was "The machine that beeped really loud when she was trying to take a nap or sleep at night." :) And I knew it was the ventilator... She also drew a shelf next to the ventilator that had medicines on it. SOOO sweet!
After school we sat down and she finished drawing some more details of Gabe's room... including his tubes (which interestingly, aren't attached to the ventilator...), the monitor on top of the shelf, 2 red bean bags that the girls often sit on in Gabe's room when they're watching a movie, and his blue high chair. She was so interspective!!! She was so proud of her picture and eagerly showed it to Gabe. It's amazing how much detail she thought to put into the picture... I guess they really are paying attention when they're in his room and forming memories?
Anyhow it blessed me so much and hope it will you too...
Gabe's room through Brooke's eyes!
6 comments:
I love it! Children so understand more than we ever give them credit for. They just know and love Gabe. It's there Normal. FRAME IT!
What a beautiful caring older sister!
Alicia
LOL- Rachel you are always so positive, and that is wonderful. The picture kind of made me sad! What a crazy world we are all immersed into, and how interesting it is to see a sibling's perspective. With that being said, I think your daughter is a wonderful artist! (This is coming from a former preschool and kindergarten teacher....if that gives me any validity) she's got some good fine motor going on there!
;) Jen
I guess it is kind of sad...that this is our 'normal'... and a picture like this didn't even phase me.
but what i love so much is that it doesn't make brooke sad :) her little "wedding" with gabe was as precious as the picture...she hugs and kisses him and says she loves him with all her heart, not even feeling bad that he has all those machines in his room. makes me want to pray for faith like a child...like you said rach, in her picture his tubes weren't connected to the ventilator! and it is amazing she could remember all the details she included in that picture! little picasso... love ya! heath
I love the picture!! The colors she chose were so happy and bright. What a blessing to see things through the eyes of a child. This is a keeper for sure!
Post a Comment