Thankfully, only you guys are the ones who know I am a day late posting about Gabe's birthday! Sorry, Gabe!
We were so busy yesterday that I didn't have the opportunity to do a long, thoughtful post that I wanted to do.
I only have a few pictures from his special day, but it included spending the morning with mommy, daddy, and sisters, cards, hugs and kisses, a visit from his favorite nurse Lisa (along with some balloons, isn't she the greatest?), Lisa helping us get out the door by doing his bath and trach care, then off to the toy store, picked out some toys, stopped by the furniture store to look at new bedroom sets for Gabe, Educational store, and ice cream! That evening Gabe was downstairs with us for family time, and then he got a massage from a wonderful friend who is a massage therapist!!!
I only have a few pictures from his day... and I did not get around to making a montage of his 3rd year - but I will do that in the near future!!
I've been so busy getting him enrolled in school. He starts on Tuesday, Sept. 29th!!! He will go 2 mornings a week with Lisa. I'm very excited and hopeful for the opportunities this will present for Gabe. Therapies every day he's at school! Water therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and interaction with peers his age. He loves being around his sisters so I think he'll enjoy being around this little group of guys his age, just like him.
Thank you for the birthday wishes for Gabe. There were many days I wondered if we'd get to celebrate with Gabe past his first birthday. I don't know what God's plan is for Gabe, but it seems like He still has one!!
Shared Struggles The Documentary
5 months ago

6 comments:
Happy Birthday Gabe!!
HI Rachel, Congrats on your boy's birthday.
I have only recently come across your blog and reading your journey has bough up many bitter sweet memories for me.I was also very young (20) when we found out that our first son had special needs and 4 years later discovered his brother had the same genetic disorder.
I was also told not to bother much with him as he will never live a normal life, learn, potty train, talk, read or write...!
Boy was I glad I didn't listen, my boy turned 18 on the 18 september,Yes he is in a wheelchair and has the developemental age of a 13 year old, but he talks, reads, writes, is fully toilet trained and very much a frustrating, know it all, moody teenager.
There is always hope...never give up, because after 18 years of dealing with doctors, I can tell you first hand...they don't know everything!
Happy birthday Gabe!
Happy Birthday Gabe.
You are our special miracle.
We love you.
Love, Peggy and Twinkie Dink
Happy Birthday Gabe! We so enjoyed being with you to celebrate. You were just shining! (thanks for breaking mr. john in...he really liked holding you :)) We love you!
Lisa, it TOTALLY blessed me when John was walking up from the swings holding Gabe!!! We really appreciate the love showered on Gabe by everyone today.
Happy Birthday Gabe!
Post a Comment