Sunday, January 25, 2009

A little bit of everything...



Thank you so much for being patient with me as it has taken me almost a week to continue and complete this entry! I'm sure you've all been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for the good news. Yeah right! :)

Finally... here's the good news I've been waiting to share, presented in list format because you know that's just how I think...

1. Gabe's appointment with his Endocrinologist brought wonderful news- Gabe is producing a normal level of Cortisol now, so he is almost completely weaned off his steroid. He will be off it by February!!! We are ecstatic, and his doctor was as excited as we were! Hopefully his big ol' chubby cheeks will subside some, although I wouldn't mind if they don't because I love kissing them so much.

2. Got back results from Gabe's labs drawn for immunology. If his labs have been 'good' thus far, they are GREAT now! His immune system just keeps getting stronger and his numbers keep getting higher. Looking at his lab report the other day literally brought tears to my eyes, to think, he now has a fully working immune system, thanks to a donor! We are so grateful!

3. Gabe's been pretty much stuck inside this winter. I hate winter as it is, so I'm not quick to venture out in the cold, plus it's just not that easy with Gabe (as you know!) I'd rather wait until it's at least slightly warmer - like 50's as opposed to 20's! And then take him out...

4. We have an important appointment with the Neurologist this coming Wednesday. Pray for a good report!! We know he has made HUGE strides since last winter when Dr. Kossoff saw him, but we're hoping the doctors sees it too!

For the most part our family is doing well...busy, but happily doing all the 'busy stuff' together. Couldn't ask for more.





7 comments:

Hope said...

What great news! I love his steroid cheeks, but I'm a little biased since I have a steroid-cheek baby too. LOL

I will pray for great news this week at the Neuro appt.

Faith said...

Wow! All this AND the Steelers are going to the Super Bowl? No wonder you look like one happy family!

Thanks for sharing the great news!
Jen :)

Unknown said...

Rachel - that's awesome!!! That's wonderful news! We will be praying for his next appointment. Hopefully the weather will warm up for you guys a little so that you can get out of the house.

I was totally waiting for this post - I checked my feeds several times a day. =0) I know, I'm a geek, but I really wanted to read your post! =0)

By the way - I love the pics. Brooke, Faith, and Gabe have grown so much!

Love & Miss you guys!
Kelly

Dana said...

Good News. Good Health is taken for granted by too many people. Hope the rest of winter goes well for you. HE is so sweet. James and Bobbie watched the Steelers and Ravens game I was thinking of you all. May you continue to have health and peace.

stitching under oaks said...

such good news! yeah! I'll share this with the family! I know they'll all be as excited as I am! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the updates! You know we're praying for that special little guy of yours :o)

Ann said...

So glad to hear Gabe is doing well. I hope your appointment with the neurologist went well. Update when you can and ...

Go Cardinals!!

:-)


"Therefore, once more, I will astound these people with wonder upon wonder. The wisdom of the wise will perish; the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."

"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"