If you read Gabe's Carepage, then you'll know right away this is a duplicate of the update I just did last night. Sorry! But as you know, it's been... one of those weeks!
This past week,
.... Gabe made it to church 2 weeks in a row! Woo hoo!! We love going to church together again.
.... we took a trip to the Eastern Shore to visit family, with all 3 kids and my parents. It was a long but rewarding day.
.... we lost our precious dog, Rocky, to cancer.
.... Gabe got sick and had a few "bad" days that required constant suctioning, failing to keep his sats up, needing oxygen continually, yellow/tan/brown secretions, need for antibiotics, increased nebulizer treatments and chest percussion. However, he avoids the hospital which is AWESOME! We have great nurses who worked really hard to make sure Gabe was well-cared for and did aggressive treatments at home.
.... my husband is painting the house and it is a "construction zone" for about another week. I leave the house with the kids for 2 days to stay away from paint fumes in the middle of Gabe's illness.
.... the weather reaches 90+ degrees.
.... my best friend gets married.
.... Gabe gets his first buzz cut courtesy of his daddy! He looks like a mini-daddy except with blonde hair.
It has been quite a week.
Thankfully Gabe is feeling better and finally left his room for the first time in 4 days to sit on the porch last night. It was shaded on the porch, yet still SO hot, and by the end of his time outside Gabe's little (big) :) cheeks were rosy red. He seemed to enjoy his time outside. Today we went to Cunningham Falls and I knew he was back to his old self, because Gabe was able to venture out without oxygen and without desating! Thank you Lord! More pictures to come, from Lisa's camera. I still don't have mine. :) Here's to a better week.
Shared Struggles The Documentary
5 months ago
5 comments:
Wow, crazy week. Some good, some bad. So sorry to hear about Rocky. I am glad Gabe is doing better.
Try to slow down this week, geez!! :)
Alicia
What a week! It's great to hear Gabe got to go to church. Mikan hasn't made it there yet. We hope to soon though.
Jenna
I'm so sorry about Rocky. What a hard thing. But, I'm so glad Gabe is doing better. I've missed him the last two weeks...are you all hiding in the back closet? Or..maybe you're coming to second service.
Wow, what a crazy busy week. Glad to hear Gabe is feeling better. It's wonderful that he avoided the hospital.
Hope everything goes well for you with the house painting.
Spring is such a gift. It's so good to be able to get out of the house again.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Sounds like a crazy week (sad to hear about Rocky) =0( , but also sounds like there were some wonderful times, too! =0) I'm also glad and thankful to hear that Gabe is feeling better. We are praying for you guys!!!
Love ya!
Kelly
Post a Comment