I was hangin' out with Gabe last weekend and we were laying on the floor (well, he was) and I was praying, listening to music, kinda talking to God about everything that I'd been bottling up, rubbing Gabe's back and doing his PT. During that time of praying and petitioning for things not yet seen, I was reminded of an "answered prayer" that I hadn't really thanked God for.
June/07 - Gabe one month after going into coma

July/09 - Gabe two years later

August/09 - Gabe two years later
During the past two years, almost daily, we've prayed for Gabe to "wake up." I know our friends, family, church family, have all joined us in praying for this.
I realized that, although Gabe does not play and interact as a typical almost 3-year-old would, and although he has his eyes closed a lot, he has "woken up."
Since we hang with him on a daily basis - especially yours truly, I thankfully get to see him day in and day out, all day long! - we get to see Gabe awake, eyes opened, smiling, playing, expressing himself. It's so fun! You may not believe me, or think I'm crazy, but he can be very shy when we go out places and rarely opens his eyes. It's like he's a turtle in his shell.
But at home, he is awake during the day and asleep at night (most nights! just not last night!) and takes a nap at the same time his sisters do.
We get to see him express his happiness, his stubborness, his displeasure, his comical side, his sweet little personality.
I am thankful that the Lord allowed him to wake up. And I pray that next year I can report that he's even more awake and responsive than he is now!
3 comments:
What a beautiful smile he has. His laughter is contagious!
He's a very handsome boy. I love the turtle thought. I think that is very sweet. Your little Turtle.
There is alot to be thankful for.
Alot of answered prayers and alot more to come. I told you before that I think Gabe responds best to Mommy. He always smiles when he hears your voice.
Opens his eyes and kisses you.
He is very expressive. Sophie told me the other morning that during the night he would have his eyes open and when she looked at him,
he closed his eyes to pretend that he was asleep. Now that's Gabe.
We will keep praying for more this coming year.
Love you all,
Mom
Post a Comment